Lake Sabrina Fish Report for 6-28-2009
Lake Sabrina Fish Report
Lake Sabrina - Bishop, CA (Inyo County)
by Lake Sabrina Boat Landing Staff
Eighteen Hundred pounds of Alpers (yeah - that's 1800 pounds) average 2-pounds at Lake Sabrina were stocked at Lake Sabrina Thursday courtesy of SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA EDISON. Thank you, SCE! And on the same day, the Department of Fish and Game stocked us with pan-size fish. What a time to be at the Lake!
And the next GREAT NEWS - Lake Sabrina at about 3:00pm Sunday, June 28th was about 3 inches short from being full - we'll make it before July. WOOHOO! We should start spilling Sunday night. Hard to believe when you look at the pictures from the beginning of the season. The lake looks absolutely gorgeous! (Is it working - wish you were here!)
Fishing this past week was on the slooooooow side - not the lazy side - but the slooooooow side, but after we got all those fish, you can imagine what happened. It had been a bit slow during the morning and picking up in the afternoon, but Sunday was good in the morning and afternoon.
I'm sure by now you all pretty much know what to use in the lake, but for the newcomers - here we go - fishing the DingleBerry (back right corner) and Little George (back left corner) Inlets with NightCrawlers, PowerBait, Gulp or (something new) Pink PowerWorms. If you're into trolling try flashers with a NightCrawler, or just a NightCrawler (don't forget your swivel or you'll be hatin' life) or Olive WoolyBugger. Dam or shore anglers might want to try PowerBait or NightCrawlers and the same for those just drifting around the lake. We have one more something new to try - Little Caesars' Garlic Dipping Sauce - go figure.
2ndBishop Creek Canyon - Summer Classic Trout Derby
June 1 to June 30, 2009
· Tagged fish to be placed in Lake Sabrina, North Lake, South Lake, Intake II, Weir Pond and streams in the Bishop Creek Canyon area
· Tagged trout correspond to predetermined cash prizes worth $30 to $300 each
· Contestant must bring tag and proof of registration to Bishop Area Chamber of Commerce to claim prize. Opened daily 10am to 4pm. Prizes maybe be claimed any time in June, but all prizes must be claimed by 12:00 NOON on July 1st.
· All registered participants, regardless of catching a tagged fish, will be entered in a raffle for additional prizes
· In addition to the tagged fish, all area lakes will receive an extra plant of ALPERS TROPHY RAINBOWS for this event.
SUMMER HAS ARRIVED (but still pack a jacket)! The temps are now in the mid 70s and the lows in the mid 40s. We may get some afternoon thunder-boomers - few clouds building Sunday afternoon - no rain yet today! Try this website for a pretty good weather guess for the Bishop Creek Canyon area, www.weather.gov, enter ASPENDELL, CALIFORNIA, in the search area and that will give you information about the weather in the small community you pass just before getting to Lake Sabrina.
Hey, guys, a few words about the parking, actually pictures which say a 1000 words, but I'll throw in a couple. BE COURTEOUS! The pick-up with the boat trailer - only took up one space - thanks - then check out the motorhome - not the way to park! There is additional parking in the lower lot - probably the best place for large RVs to park unless you park by the restrooms.
* * * NEWS FLASH * * * Verizon will be removing the payphone out in front of Lake Sabrina Boat Landing this week. Cardinal Village will be your closest option as not very many cell phone providers work in the area, Bishop Creek Lodge and Creekside RV Park are your other choices
They're coming . . . you know . . . they're here every year - the skeeters are ready for another assault. With the return of warmer weather the skeeter returns and with all the moisture we've had in the last 3 weeks (YIKES), so remember the bug juice and COMMIT TO MEMORY, IF YOU PUT ON BUG JUICE, SUN SCREEN OR FOO FOO JUICE, WASH YOUR HANDS! THEN RUB THEM IN WORM GOO, TROUT ATTRACTANT OR POWERBAIT - GET THE OTHER SCENT OFF!
Also, don't forget your sunscreen and dark glasses, the glare on the water is soooo bright, they just might blind your eyeballs. PONCHOS or COATS MAY ALSO BE NEEDED - YOU NEVER KNOW!
ALWAYS PACK A JACKET! ! ! !
She's here - Samantha - Sam for short (Juanita's grand-daughter) is here and will be working Monday and Tuesday - WOOHOOO! ! !
You all have a great week and if the stress gets too great, you all know where to come to get some relief! But, remember you don't need to be stressed to come. WE JUST WANT TO SEE YOU SOON!
Website Hosting and Design provided by TECK.net