Silver Lake Fish Report for 8-29-2009
Silver Lake Fish Report
Silver Lake - June Lake, CA (Mono County)
by Andrew Jones
Fishing has been spectacular over the past several days. Since Tuesday we have had 8 fish over 3 pounds brought in and 25 to 30 fish over 2 pounds brought in. This was aided by a huge truck load of Alpers trout stocked on Tuesday Morning. We received 1,500 pounds of 2 to 3 pound trout from Alpers, totaling 800 fish. They have been rolling in all weeks like it was Christmas. All the good stuff has been working all week long, worms, Salmon Peach or Garlic Power Bait has been killing them from shore or a boat. Flipping a Gold / Red Thomas Buoyant, or trolling 10 to 15 feet deep with Pink Tazmanian Devils, Green and Brown Wooly Buggers or a small Rapala. You name it and it has been working this week. We will continue to get 75 to 100 pounds of Alpers (3 to 5 Pound Trout) each week for the next four weeks so fishing should continue to be spectacular.
Don\'t Forget about our Labor Day Horseshoe Tournament and BBQ on Saturday September 5th from 11 am to 5 pm. All proceeds will benefit the Chris Jones Memorial Scholarship Fund. Come on out and enjoy the festivities and catch some great fish.
Big Fish Of The Week:
- Mike Monroy of San Pedro caught a 4 pound 9 ounce Rainbow on a worm from shore
- Jon Garnica of Long Beach caught a 3 pound 1 ounce Rainbow on Power Bait on boat
- Ken Crawford caught a 3 pound 2 ounce Rainbow on a fly from a boat
- Mel Roles from Upland caught a 2 pound 12 ounce Rainbow on Salmon Peach Power Bait
- Jim Lee of Azusa caught a 2 pound 8 ounce and a 2 pound 6 ounce on a Silver Spoon
- Pete Saridakis caught a 2 pound 8 ounce and a 2 pound 10 ounce Rainbows on Chartreuse Power Bait from a boat
The Silver Lake Resort is a full service resort in June Lake, CA. We offer accommodations for fisherman throughout the trout season. We have cabins for all size groups, an RV park, a Cafe with fabulous food and a general store to meet your needs. If you would like to book a trip to Silver Lake call them at (760) 648-7525. For more information check out their WEBSITE.
Next Report >
Next Report >
Silver Lake Fish ReportSilver Lake
Fishing this week has been really good being helped by two loads of Alpers Trout over the past two...... Read More
Website Hosting and Design provided by TECK.net